Victims of fatal house fire in Washington City all deceased (UPDATE)

December 12, 2016
Loading player...

WASHINGTON CITY, Utah - + Video – (UPDATE) 12-12-16 – The names of the victims of the fatal house fire in Washington City last week have been released by the Washington City Police Department. 

Tereasa L. Cox-(Hurst) - age 27, was the latest victim who passed away from her injuries on Saturday. Her three-year-old daughter's name is not being released as Washington City public safety departments do not release names of juvenile victims unless authorized to do so by parent or legal guardian.

As reported earlier, Richard A. Kirkland, 60 also passed away. His funeral services were Saturday.

All three victims were residents of Washington City.

Investigators have established the probable origin of the fire to be inside the trailer at the front part of the structure.  However, the cause of the fire is still under investigation.


12/10/2016 – The third victim in the fatal fire in Washington City has died as a result of her injuries. The 27-year-old mother passed away in a Las Vegas hospital, where she had been transported, on Saturday. Washington City Police Public Information Officer, Ed Kantor confirmed the loss on Monday. The fire took the lives all three victims inside. 


12/08/16 - The three year old victim transported to a Las Vegas hospital has died from her injuries due to the fire. Washington City Police Public Information and Safety Officer, Ed Kantor confirmed the loss of the child on Wednesday. Her 27-year-old mother is still listed in critical condition. 

According to reports from other media sources, the third victim in the fire, Richard Kirkland, age 60, reportedly ran into the burning home to try and rescue the victims, when he became a victim himself. Reports by friends of the family say his funeral is scheduled this Saturday. 

At the time first responders entered the residence, all three victims were found unresponsive and not breathing and all required life saving intervention, (CPR), at the scene prior to transport to Dixie Regional Medical Center.

Kantor said the cause of the tragic fire is still under invetigation.

(12/15/16) One person has died and two others are in critical condition following a tragic mobile home fire in Washington City Monday evening.

The structure fire was called in around 7:00 p.m. on December 5, at 441 East Angie Lane.  The single family home was fully engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived. Firefighters pulled all three victims from inside. A 60-year-old man was pronounced deceased at Dixie Regional Medical Center. The other two female victims, a mother and her three-year-old daughter were later flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas.

Hurricane and St. George Fire Departments also responded to the blaze, as did Gold Cross Ambulance. State Fire Marshals are investigating the cause of the fire which completely destroyed the residence.